Saturday, November 1, 2014

Not Quite 15 Seconds of Showgirl Fame

Maren Wade's Confessions of a Showgirl: "Not Quite 15 Seconds of Showgirl Fame"
Maren Wade's Confessions of a Showgirl: "Not Quite 15 Seconds of Showgirl Fame"

As showgirls, we sometimes get exciting opportunities outside of the theater. For me, one of those was when I got to be on America’s Got Talent.

When they shoot a show like America’s Got Talent, they often tape your segment months in advance. That can play with your head.

Sometime after filming, I was in a bookstore. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term, bookstores were places in which one could read these rectangular shaped, cardboard-encased sheets of paper with print on them. I know, I’m dating myself. I mean, who reads anymore?

Anyway, I was in the bookstore and an elderly man came up to me with a glimmer in his eye and said, “I know you.” I looked around to see if he was talking to someone else. When I turned back, he was right in my face with even more of a glimmer and said, “I definitely know you.” I reflexively said, “I don’t think we know each other.” But he wouldn’t let up...

No comments:

Post a Comment