About Me

My photo

Las Vegas Entertainer featured on America's Got Talent, NBC's Star Tomorrow and The National Radio City Tour with the Rockettes.  

Also seen in "Show in The Sky" at the Rio, "Vegas! The Show" at Planet Hollywood, "Fantasy" at the Luxor and has toured nationally with football legend Terry Bradshaw in "America's Favorite Dumb Blonde."  

Currently writes the column "Confessions of a Showgirl" featured in Las Vegas Weekly.

Maren Wade's Official Website www.marenwade.com

Confessions of a Showgirl Official Website www.confessionsofashowgirl.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How A Showgirl Really Defies Gravity

Maren Wade's Confessions of a Showgirl:  How A Showgirl Really Defies Gravity

Click here to read full article in Las Vegas Weekly

A wise witch one said: “I'm through accepting limits because someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change. But until I try, I'll never know! Too long I've been afraid of losing love I guess I've lost. Well, if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost! It's time to try defying gravity. I think I'll try defying gravity and you won't bring me down.” –Elphaba Thropp in Wicked (Okay, technically, it was lyricist and composer Stephen Schwartz, but I’m a showgirl not a technician.)

This post is a story about a showgirl who had the exact same journey as Elphaba. Except she wasn’t green. (It would be hard to get a job as a green showgirl, at least until they make the musical version of Star Trek.) This showgirl was hearing impaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment