Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Double-Jointed Chicken Dance: A Cautionary Tale

Maren Wade
Maren Wade's Confessions of a Showgirl: "The Double-Jointed Chicken Dance: A Cautionary Tale" Photo Credit: Patrick Rivera


One of my favorite words in the English language is “gig.” My ears perk up and I see dollar signs each time I get a call that starts with, “Hey, I gotta gig for you.”

The great thing about Vegas is there are a lot of gigs to go around. A gig is normally a one-time performance. Sometimes it goes well. Other times, you lay an egg.

It was the grand opening for a franchise chicken restaurant, and various dancers from the Las Vegas Strip were cast to perform in a show designed specifically for the event. Who goes out of their way to design a full production show for a chicken restaurant?

May I remind you, this is Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment