Sunday, September 21, 2014

Five Questions to Never Ask a Vegas Showgirl

Maren Wade's Confessions of a Showgirl: "5 Questions to Never Ask a Vegas Showgirl" (Photo Credit: Patrick Rivera)
Maren Wade's Confessions of a Showgirl: "5 Questions to Never Ask a Vegas Showgirl" (Photo Credit: Patrick Rivera)


1. What is your height?

If you’re going to ask this question, be prepared for a dishonest answer. It wasn’t until I got to Vegas that I learned my “official” height. I happen to be a particularly short showgirl. (Like I’ve said before, the modern day showgirl comes in many forms, shapes and sizes.)

When I first moved to Vegas, I would tell the truth and say I was 5-foot-4. A fellow showgirl was shocked when she found this out. She informed me, “Everyone in Vegas assumes you are lying about your height. So, if you tell them you are 5-foot-4, they think you are 5-foot-2! You have to tell them you are 5-foot-6!” I couldn’t believe I had been shortchanging myself. (I wish I could say that was the first time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment